Followers

Sunday 15 May 2011

Less is More

I've struggled this week with the Less is More challenge - embossing! I thought it would be a doddle as I love dry embossing. However, once I got started, what a mess I made of my first two attempts. I decided I would confront my dislike of heat embossing and so I stamped and embossed an image - it worked beautifully, until I added the sentiment. It was cockeyed and not very well stamped into the bargain. Ugh! I started again this morning and decided to stick with my dry embossing. I used an embossing folder and my distress inks, again the embossing worked beautifully and my sentiment went all to pot. Third time I stuck to the embossing only and I haven't put a sentiment on at all - I think you can all tell what it will be. It's a Craft UK large card and I embossed with a Creative Expressions Mica mask Holly. It's coloured with Promarkers in Ruby, Grass and Forest Green. I didn't dare go any further or there wouldn't have been an entry at all from me.

23 comments:

  1. Hazel this is a lovely card, well done !

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful card, good for you not giving up. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love your colouring and it certainly needs no sentiment, the holly say's it all:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on persevering - the finished card rocks!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, your card is stunning, what a great christmas card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card the seeming simplicity of it is perfect. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great card Hazel, well done for sticking with it, it was well worth it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Christmas card . . . great!

    Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this has turned out fine!! I do like the coloured berries and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card Hazel and yes it does look like we had the same problem this week! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - a perfect cheery card for Christmas! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a shame you had to dicard the other one Hazel, hope you can stick a sentiment over it to ue in the future.
    Im not a fan of colouring dry embossing, but yours is so neat and well presented
    Super job"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry forgot to sign my comment
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done for persevering Hazel!This is lovely!
    If you want to get your sentiment straight you need some form of stamp positioner. You could purchase a Stampamajig from Mandi, but I use a few large Lego bricks and some acetate sheets. (See Week One on our blog)
    Thanks so much for this great submission.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Hazel! The persevering was well worth it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab Hazel, so crisp & clean. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so infuriating when that happens! I have now started using a Stamp-a-ma-Jig from Stampin' Up, it's a stamp positioner.

    Anyway great card, very neat colouring, xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so jealous, not only a gorgeous card, but a head start on the christmas! Very organised.
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazel, I love that embossed wreath! Your coloring of the leaves looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, there's a reasonb they call them challenges you know!! Love how your card finally turned out though. Perhaps you can rescue the others? If I've badly stamped a sentiment I just restamp on some card, cut it out and pop it up over the original sentiment. Not good for the LIM challenge of course, but saves you from throwing out the whole card. Thanks for popping by already.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Hazel, I wish I could colour like that, mine never looks as neat xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Hazel, I have terrible trouble trying to colour embossed images
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks brill, love the holly. x

    ReplyDelete