Followers

Sunday 28 August 2011

#77 - Halloween/Autumn

This is week four of the Pretty in Print contest at Stitchybear.


The sponsors this week are http://www.michellesscrap.com/


I decided to follow the Autumn theme of this challenge and here is my card.


I used a large square Craft UK card blank. The bronze Mirri card is from Joanna Sheen. The backing paper is from the paperpack by Panda Bear Designs and the Fall Frame is by Stitchybear - both at Stitchybear Digital Stamps online store.  I coloured the frame with Promarkers and cut it out and left the aperture in the middle. I Googled some autumn copyright free sayings and printed one on Papermill pearlescent paper to go in the centre of the frame. I used my Spellbinders leaf dies to cut various leaves in varying autumn colours and added these to the bottom and sides of the card.

My top tip is: if you use a CD printed image and smudge the ink you can use Sticky Stuff Remover on a cotton bud to clean it. Just touch the ink very gently and it will lift off.

I'm entering it in to the following challenges:

Pollycraft - Autumn Colours
2 Cute Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Dies to Die For
Top Tip Tuesday - Masculine
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Elephantastic - Add Some Layers







15 comments:

  1. Wow! Hazel your card is my favourite. Lovely work.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design Hazel, love what you did!

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. A great tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's a great tip Hazel. I was lucky to buy some false nail remover from Home Bargains and it is pure acetone and only 99p a bottle :)

    I ADORE your card, those leaves are just gorgeous and I wondered how you had made them. The colours you chose are just perfect.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Hazel, love the autumn colours! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the colours and the sentiment is great too. Those leaves are fab - very effective.

    Great Top Tip too - thanks for sharing it with us.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Masculine Challenge.
    Have you made a note on your calendar so as you don't miss our Birthday Bash week after next? £100's of prizes!!!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Hazel, I love the leaves and sunflower
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Hazel !! I do LOVE the leaf dies that you used and what a fantastic tip too !!

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Fab male card. Love the design and the colurs. Fab tip as well. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know tip!! Great card- I've already started to see some changing leave in Maine. :) Thanks for playing with us last week at Top Tip Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely creation. Thank you for playing along with our 'Add some layers' challenge.
    Good luck
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love your card just right for this time of year!! Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic this month
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, What a lovely name for a blog! Your card is gorgeous, love the leaves and the sentiment! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful autumn card, Hazel! I love the leaf frame you created on this and I really like your sentiment...so true! :) Thanks for playing along with us over at 2 Cute Rubber Stamps!

    Melissa, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous autumn card-I love this time of year with these gorgeous colours! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete