Followers

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Feeling Low

I've been washing today so I've been playing at the same time. The trouble is that I keep forgetting to go downstairs to check that the load has finished so it means it takes me all day to wash two loads!

Never mind, I've had fun making this card. It's a Craft UK 8 x 8 card blank and has brown card from Papermill as backing to a Costco paper. The image is from Stitchybear and I've coloured it with Promarkers before cutting with a Spellbinders nestie. I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut a border in a band of another Costco paper and backed it with more brown card. A bronze organza ribbon from Joanna Sheen is across the top of this band of paper. I've used Create and Craft fruit buttons as embellishments and a sentiment generated on the computer. The edges of the sentiment and the main image were distressed with Ranger's Distress Inks in tattered rose. Pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts are top and bottom left corners.

This card is going to be entered in to three challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Bingo and I used the middle line down - Pearls, Ribbon and Free
Crafty Sentiments - Dies and Punches
Simon Says Stamp - Food and Drink (medicine, ugh! but you do drink it and fruit)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel
    This card is soooo cute....anyone would love to receive it. I have seen your cards on many challenge sites and love them.
    I am off now to join you as a follower, hope you come and join me too but if not its ok. I am still going to keep checking your site out.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hazel. Love the image and colours. You sound like me I'm doing housework, blogging and crafting lol....one minute upstairs crafting then downstairs on the computer now I best go carry on with the tea.
    Have a lovely evening.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Hazel, it's a fabulous image
    I craft next door to the utility and I still forget to unload the machine! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Hazel, he is wonderful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a cute card Hazel, love the image, it is really sweet. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this. Elephants are a fave of mine. I totally get the forgetting to check the washing! lol Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your card! So precious!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and image Hazel. I'm the same with the washing. It does get done eventually.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card-beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete