Followers

Sunday 28 August 2011

Sunday again


It must be time for the CD Sunday challenge, and it has for the theme this week 'Just Because'. I used a Craft UK large square card blank. The gold Miiri board is from Joanna Sheen. I used the CD by MCS, Click, Print and Go - In Your Element. The raffia is from Hobbycraft and I've used a Create and Craft wooden heart to echo the heart on the image. I stamped a patch of script from a large Daisy stamp, with Memento ink, on to the heart and it worked quite well. I tried drawing the berries on it but the ink ran so I had to punch some red circles out of paper and stick them on, but the green drawn stems were OK. 

You've got two photos this week because I had a heck of a job taking this card. First of all you would have seen the whole front of my checked blouse and my chin reflected in the Mirri board! The next one was my hands and the camera reflected so that's when I went to ask for advice from Eric. He took the second image above which is a good one but the gold Mirri board looks like plain beige card. I decided to take another photo with the card standing up and it's better than the others I took but you can see the top of my head at the top of the card. Hey ho, it will have to do.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel. What a great card. I love the colours and the sentiment expressed - a perfect Just Because.
    I know just what you mean about the difficulty in photographing a card when you have used Mirri card.
    I have a tip - take the photo at an angle so that you and the camera are not actually in front of it. It works for me.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Hazel, I agree that mirri is a beast to photograph but as Carol says if taken at an angle it usually works a little better. I like the raffia and the wooden heart, all in all a perfect card for our challenge.
    Thanks for being number one this week at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image Hazel, don't have any of these CD's so haven't seen it before. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card Hazel. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Hazel,I love the colours and the raffia and heart are super. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week, also for being 1st.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous Hazel, love the heart and your colors
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I know what you mean about miri board. love the heart and colours
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Hazel. Love the raffia. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the raffia
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Hazel, I love the way you've used the raffia. It would have been so easy to use ribbon, but the raffia looks just right.


    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Hazel, mirri is such a pain to photograph, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday again xx

    ReplyDelete