Followers

Friday 14 October 2011

A bird in the Hand

The challenge over at Daring Cardmakers is to use a bird on the card. I've just made this card today and so decided to enter the challenge. The sponsor is The Ribbon Reel and the prize is lovely so I had to have a go, didn't I?

Apart from my main bird I've actually used two Cuttlebug embossing folders that depict birds so I reckon I've fulfilled this challenge a few times over! The base card is from Craft UK and the black card is from Papermill. The cream pearlescent card is also from Papermill. I used Spellbinders dies to cut the cage and the bird. I positioned the bird on a branch and then added three pearls to two of the corners to complete the design. The pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

7 comments:

  1. Love this Hazel, it's so elegant xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Hazel,love the embossing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel..enjoy the weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Hazel, the embossing is beautiful. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the monochrome colour scheme, very dramatic. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bird card hazel!
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card Hazel, I love the bird embossing. Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete