Followers

Sunday 13 May 2012

#113 Use your favourite

The theme this week, at One Stitch at a Time, is Use your Favourite.  My image is Swirly Bird and Flowers by Claire of Hope Jacaire at Stitchybear Digital Stamps Shop.

My favourites? The colour green, my Spellbinders nestie and my new stamp which I used as the background to the fantastic image. I thought it suited the image perfectly.

My large white card blank is by Craft UK. The green pearlescent card is by Payper Box. I used my new stamp to make the background by stamping with black Memento ink. I placed a green gem at the centre of each 'flower' and they were all from my stash. I'm sorry I forgot to make a note of the stamp's maker, oops! My digi image was coloured with Promarkers and then cut with a Spellbinders nestie label. I used Distress Ink round the edges. I placed the image at the bottom of the design and I think it's quirky but I like it! I hope you do too.

Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World. Check out One Stitch at a Time for prizes.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge - Things With Wings
Creative Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs - Things With Wings
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Your Favourite Stamp
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes 
Fairy Tale Challenge - Things with Wings

24 comments:

  1. Your stamped paper goes perfectly with the bird and flowers image, Hazel. Such a great idea to highlight the flowers with the green gems. Jennie xx OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially like the bird in the way that the feather plumage (think that is the appropriate word) mimick the wildflowers. I posted today 5/13 a Happy Boat Day Birthday card in which I placed the image near the bottom of the card so great minds think alike & doing so looks great on your. Wonderful Mother's day morn to find out I won Ch112 using SBDS Mouse House for my Mother's Day card I entered. My daughter who just finished up her sophomore yr of college will be home next wk. I'll celebrate Mother's Day when she arrives home.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty stamping and design thanks for joining us this week at LEJ Challenge Blog.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Hazel! And that background iss brilliant! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this Hazel its beautiful and Ilove tha backgound it looks like dandelion clocks just sooo pretty me darlin xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you like it so much Hazel. it makes a super card and your colours are beautiful. hope you have a good week ahead
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel i love your new stamp it looks as if it was made for that image !! A beautiful card .

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a really beautiful card Hazel. I love that stamped background. Perfect. Sending hugs Hazel and hope very much that you're doing as well as can be hoped. Thinking of you, hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card . Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fabulous .Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your background paper. Thank you for joining us for our "Bling" challenge at The Stamping Boutique. I hope you join us again very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    TSB DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! And that background is perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Hazel that stamp you have used for the background is a perfect match, amazing, I always struggle to use green but you always do a great job with it. Its been fascinating seeing what my fellow DT class as their favourites! Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Hazel, fabulous background.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Hazel...I love all things quirky and that background is perfection for the image! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous, I love the stamped background and the bird is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the Things With Wings Challenge at LEJ Designs
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya Hazel... love your stunning card. I can see why that stamp is your favourite, it's beautiful and versatile.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love this! Dandelions are one of my favorites, and this image is so beautiful...love how you've used that background stamp too! Where is it from? I need it LOL! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Hazel this is truly beautiful! Love the background and the bird stamp, it just all goes together so well. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like how your backing paper you made as like image. Very cool.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning stamping Hazel what a gorgeous card wel done, Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card.. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete