Followers

Sunday 3 February 2013

OSAAT #149 - Not Square


'Not Square' is the theme for the challenge over at One Stitch at a Time challenge blog. Please come and join us..

My image is Parrot by Barbara over at Stitchybear Digital Stamp Shop. I coloured her with my Promarkers and yes, she is a she! We usually get a calendar from Eric's cousin, who lives in Australia. Last year she bought us one of Australian birds and apologised because she knows I'm frightened of birds! I do love to feed them and watch them through the window but I'm terrified if they fly near me. Anyway, I couldn't bear to throw it away on New Year's Day because Eric loved it. When I printed off Barb's digi Parrot I immediately went to the calendar to check for colours. I've coloured her as a female Eclectus parrot - the male is mainly green.

After colouring her I cut with my Spellbinders grand oval nestie and used Distress Ink on the edges before matting on to a larger oval in red card. That was then matted on to the Craft UK card base which I'd made into a large scalloped oval with another Spellbinders grand nestie. To make the scalloped card stand out I photographed it against bright yellow paper - I'm not sure that was a good idea!!

Please check the challenge blog for full details of the prizes on offer.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Creations Challenges - Keep it Simple
My Grafico Challenges - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes with a die cut
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting by Design - Animal Antics
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Catch the Bug Challenge - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything Goes






14 comments:

  1. Hazel - this is marvellous. Fantastic colouring. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Hazel, your colouring is superb. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring of this bird is fabulous! Such a great shape for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw Hazel, gorgeous colouring,I love little birds but prefer pictures of parrots and this one is gorgeous. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Hazel! I used this image a week or so ago to make a plant stake. I just love the image.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Hazel. I've never seen a parrot in those shades, but then, I really don't know anything about them! Love the oval shape - quite unusual for the card itself - but the grand nesties give you so much scope for unusually shaped cards, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Hazel. I love the colours, so bright and cheerful. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card hazel and shape. love the image and the colours. hope everything is ok with you
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is really beautiful Hazel, and I think Eric would have said the same... your colouring is Amazing...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card!! Love that bird!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  11. You've coloured this beautiful image beautifully! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel this is gorgeous and I love the oval decorative edge.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel, such a fun card! I love what you did with this image! So glad you joined us for our Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug!

    :) Becky G

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your parrot card Hazel. How great that you were able to use your calendar to pick the colours. How unusual that the female bird is more colourful than the male, it makes a nice change inn the animal kingdom!

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete