Followers

Sunday 17 March 2013

OSAAT #155 - White on White OR No Designer Papers



The challenge over at One Stitch at a Time this week is White on White (or no designer papers). I made a birthday card for my friend so I hope she likes it. I used a large square card blank by Joanna Sheen. The embossed backing paper is made with a Crafters Companion Embossalicious folder.  The image I got to use this week is Butterfly Fields by Tami of Gingerloft over at Stitchybear Digital Stamp Store. There are two images in the set. After I'd decided which image to use I printed it on to paper and it looked quite stark against all the white. I printed it again, this time on vellum from Create and Craft, and it's much more muted and suited to the embellishments. I cut it with my Spellbinders grand oval nestie and matted it on to the embossed sheet. The butterflies are cut with Spellbinders dies and the leaves are cut with Memory box dies. The large butterfly is set in the centre of another Spellbinder shape, the butterfly small nestie. I'm on a roll because this is the third card in a row that I'm actually pleased with so things are looking up!

The sponsor is Stitchybear but please check out the challenge blog for full details of prizes.

Now that this card is about to be scheduled on my blog my friend's birthday has been and gone and she LOVED her card!

I'm entering my card in to the following challenges:
Artistic Impressions Challenge 32 - Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge - Girly
My Grafico - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs - Things with Wings
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Feeling Floral with my oldie - butterfly die
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenge - Anything Goes
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge - Any winged creature
Happy Campers Challenge - Flutterby Butterfly



I notice that I've lost one of my followers. :(    I've had 151 for so long that I'd just become used to seeing the same number over and over again. Is it because my crafting has slowed down? I'm sorry that I'm not so prolific in my posts as I once was but I hope to get back into it at some point in the future. It's taking longer than I imagined but thank you to all my faithful followers who post on almost every card with some positive comment. 





16 comments:

  1. Beautiful WOW card Hazel, love the embossing folder you've used and the dies. Hope you're doing okay. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome!!! Just love how elegant your card is. I have so much difficulty with the all white but you totally rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel. I just love white on white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely & elegant, just beautiful!

    Hugs,

    Your new design team sister,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Hazel, you did a truly magnificent job with this card, not surprised in the least your friend love it :) Hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Hazel and love the layout to it. Everyone understands Hazel that you need time and it's lovely to see you when you feel up to it. I hope the house hunting is going ok for you.

    take care
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Hazel! I love the effect of the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Hazel! We all loose followers occasionally Hazel It could be just that they have cancelled their Google account. We all understand you need some time out. Hugs xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love white on white, and your card is no exception - it's beautiful! I love it all. Thanks for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Sweetie,
    Thanks for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty i am sure your friend will love it. :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been away for a while so am catching up. I hope you are keeping well Hazel. Love this white on white, very pretty. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation Hazel, I just love the white on white cards and you have out done yourself with this one. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card you've created. Thank you for joining us at Lady Anne's challenges.

    Hugs,
    Heidi
    DT Member Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete