Followers

Sunday 1 September 2013

OSAAT #179 - Make One for Christmas



This week's theme is 'Make one for Christmas' and this is mine. Come over to One Stitch at a Time and join us.  I chose the image by Teri of Delicious Doodles over at the Stitchybear Digi Outlet. The image is called 'Candle and Ivy'.

This week I've used a small 6 x 6 square card by Craft UK. The mat is an embossed white sheet adhered to gold hand made glitter paper by Papermania, The Embossalicious embossing folder is by Crafters Companion.  I coloured the ivy and the candle flame with Promarkers. The candle is covered with gold leaf and some of it hasn't quite stuck but I'm quite happy with it - it looks distressed! lol. My son thinks it looks awful. :(   I cut the image out with a Spellbinders die. My new ivy dies are by Joanna Sheen who has designed a whole load of Signature dies at very reasonable prices. I've been waiting for my ivy die to appear in the post so that I could finish my card. I used two different shades of green from Papermill for the ivy and after adding those to my card I finished it off with two small gold pearls by Queen and Co.

Please check out the OSAAT blog for details of the prize structure.

I'm entering my card in to the following challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenges - Digi Days
Cuttlebug Mania Challenges - Die Cuts
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Embossing plus something at least 6 months old - gold leaf - donkeys years old!! lol
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge - Anything Goes
Digi Makeover Challenge - Embossing and Digi
Delightful Challenges - Make the Cut
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes

I might be a little late in visiting you today as my son and DIL are coming down here for lunch. It'll be good to see them. My other son and DIL have just got back from Greece - they've been texting me most days. I'll be speaking to them on the phone later today. I've just been speaking to Eric's cousin who lives in Meadow Springs, Western Australia.I usually remember too late in the day and think 'oops, I'll ring tomorrow' - and then forget again. Today I remembered at a reasonable time - they are seven hours ahead of us, here in the UK. It's lovely to hear her voice, I have so many happy memories of our holiday out there in 2010.

7 comments:

  1. I love the cripness of this card Hazel. When I first saw your card I thought you'd been very clever with the candle as I saw the places where your gold leaf had not stuck as the wax dripping down the candle and I really admired your 'attention to detail'. Enjoy your family day with your son and DiL and if it is the son who was not complimentary about your candle you can tell him that it was deliberate to have areas with no gold leaf and it took you Ages and Ages to get the effect :-) Love Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, love your card and the two greens for your ivy. Lovely embossing and great gold bling. Have a great week.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, love your card and the two greens for your ivy. Lovely embossing and great gold bling. Have a great week.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - elegant and classy - a great card Hazel. Love the ivy die you have used, so perfect to go with the digi. Somebody is going to love to receive this one :) Hugs Jane xx P.S. well done re remembering the time difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel. I think the candle looks just perfect! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely & elegant! I love the embossing and the ivy..just beautiful!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely card - what do sons know anyway. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete