Followers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Moving along with the Times - Card for a Female


It was Hazel's (Didos) turn to choose the theme for this week's challenge over at Moving along with the Times and she chose 'Card for a Female'. I always need loads of these throughout the year so it was good to get started.

I used a large Joanna Sheen card blank and then decided to use a Saturated Canary image that I've had for months and never used. I coloured her with my Promarkers and cut it with a Spellbinders grand nestie circle. I used pale green card from Papermill for the background and I embossed it with a Crafter's Companion embossalicious folder. I matted it on to dark green card from Payper Box to just give a fine darker edge. The pale pink border along the bottom is from another Spellbinders set of dies, Parisian Accents. The sentiment is, of course, from Lili of the Valley, stamped and matted on to Spellbinders circle nesties. I used a darker pink pearlescent card to cut out two swirls that come with a Tattered Lace Butterfly die.

Come over to MAWTT to see all the beautiful cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Polkadoodles Challenge - Anything Goes/Girly,Girly,Girly
Robyn's Fetish Challenge - No pattern paper - only cardstock
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes






22 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel this is so sweet, what a pretty card, Love how you embossed the background too its super, Hope alls well with you, Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Hazel, your choice of colours together is absolutely lovely and I adore that beautiful image ( I can't resist Kristas images even though I haven't used all that I have bought)
    Sorry I've been a bad blogger but I hope to be a more regular visitor in the future!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Hazel - green and pink is definitely the colour of the day - i've seen so many cards in these colours today - its my favourite - think i'll have to go off and do some pink and green lol hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Hazel love the colours. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Hazel! Thanks for joining in with us at polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card Hazel ... lovely image you have used too x
    Many thanks for joining us over at LEJ DESIGNS CHALLENGE BLOG

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous Hazel… such a sweet image and you've coloured her beautifully. I love the fab embossing and pretty border! :-)
    Hope you are keeping well
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Hazel, love the pretty colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Hazel, I love that fabulous image and your embossed background!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Hazel. Marvellous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, this is stunning, love the image and your colouring is outstanding...thank you for playing along with us at LEJ Designs, this month, best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Hazel, love your coloring! the background is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super girly card Hazel, love the colour combo
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that image too, must use it. What a gorgeous card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I have that image too Hazel and I don't think I've ever used it either.... oops! Gorgeous card though.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous . Thanks for joining in over at LEJ Designs .LEJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card! thanks for playing with "Robyn's Fetish Challenge".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow! This is really sweet card. Totally love how you coloured her.
    Thanks for sharing such a sweet card at Crafty Sentiments. Hope you join us again next week.
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ! Love it Gorgeous Thanxx For Playing With Us @ The Robyn's Fetish Challenge No Pattern Paper Cardstock Only This Week.. Good Luck
    Sherry @ Robyn's Fetish DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. stunning card
    thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. pretty in pink such a stunning card

    thank you so much for entering the challenge over at Polkadoodles

    Hugs Kerrie
    Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete