Followers

Sunday 9 March 2014

OSAAT #203 - For a Boy



This week I had to choose a Coosty Creations digi and I chose the Lizard Stamp and Papers Set - I only used one of the papers out of the four. You can buy this wonderful set at the Stitchybear Dig Outlet. 

The theme this week at One Stitch at a Time is 'For a Boy' and I think only boys would have a lizard as a pet! I did enjoy colouring him with my Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens. I cut him out with a Spellbinders Wonky Square nestie and edged it with Distress Ink in Forest Moss and then cut another two wonky squares out of the lizard skin patterned papers. I matted some Kraft coloured card on to some dark brown card and these were both from Papermill. I edged it with the Forest Moss Distress Ink and then using two Promarkers in green and tan I used a spritzer to mottle the background. I tied some Ikea twine round the card before mounting it with foam pads on to the Joanna Sheen card blank.  The computer generated sentiment was also cut with a Spellbinders die and edged with the Distress Ink.

The prize this week is $9 to spend in the Stitchy store but please check the OSAAT blog for full details of the prizes.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Just keep on Creating Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes using Dies or Punches
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Nature
Digi Makeover Challenge - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge - Make your own background
4kraftyGirlz Challenges - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Make it Manly/Boyish
Craftitude - Anything Goes or Add a little green
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Stempelsonne Challenge - Young Men Birthday

Thanks for visiting, see you soon. x



18 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel, this card is just wonderful for a little boy. I do love how the papers add the texture too. I'm personally not a lizard person, but I'm sure most boys would love to receive a card like this and you've made me ALMOST like lizards !!

    Lynn, your OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness Hazel ....what an awesome card. I love the movement of the Lizard being reflected in the 'wonky' square dies and the entire theme of this card is completely Natural with your card choices and the twine. I really feel as though I'm watching a Lizard take a moment to bask in his natural habitat.

    This card is stunning and great for any reptile loving 'boy'. Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Hazel. I love how you've layered the card - it's simple but eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! I love this Hazel… the layout and design is fab! such a wonderful image and you've coloured it beautifully! the papers and twine detail are so perfect!!
    Hope you are having a good weekend!
    Take Care
    Big hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool card Hazel, that paper is perfect with the lizard, it looks so much like a deep texture I bet you can feel it!!!
    Hope the sun came out foe you
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like how the papers with cross pattern give a faux texture look. As far as lizards being only a boy thing; not true at least not for me. We have geckos here in Central TX. We catch them in the house and release them outside. Not afraid of them since they eat the spiders & other critters that I do not like. Once one of the geckos was very young, so I kept it in a container, cared for it, fed it, had paper toilet rolls for it to crawl thru sort of like a hamster trail and then when it got bigger & stronger I released it outside.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. When a good friend of mine started dating her now husband she nearly broke up with him when she found out he kept snakes and lizards as pets but in time they grew on her and she agreed to keep the lizards when they got married. I myself am kinda scared of them, I remember once as a child when I was still in Pakistan I went out to play and a huge komodo dragon type lizard was sitting in our vegetable garden, needless to say it had eaten up most of the garden, I have to admit I was terrified and probably still would be if that happened to me now.
    This is an awesome card though and I love the faux lizard skin papers you have used.
    Thanks for playing along at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I look forward to seeing more of your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really fabulous card for a boy - such a great image - thank you for joining our challenge this week at Sister Act Card Challenges - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, that is one great boys card! Wonderful image, coloured wonderfully as well and love the textured looking paper.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Stempelsonnen-challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deine Karte ist sehr schön geworden
    Hab lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne
    Grüßle Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Hazel I love the lizard image when my son was younger he had a couple of bearded dragons and now has a dwarf boa and she is beautiful and very friendly-love the die-cut shape and B.papers a brilliant card-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your lizard is very, very cute! I have to admit that I am not a lover of scaly creatures - I prefer a fur baby every time lol!
    Fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Make It Manly Challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card. Love the textures of your papers. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your project is awesome with so many wonderful details! Thank you for playing with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Back It Up!" challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great combination of papers and that twine to add texture and a perfect setting for that cool lizard. I like how you mottled the background and the cute sentiment. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/ Add a Little Green Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete