Followers

Sunday 15 February 2015

Guest Designer

Today I'm a Guest Designer for 613 Avenue Create using a Fitztown image of Floral 3 available here.


It's also a RAK day on 17 February so I've made this door hanger for a friend to hang on her craft room door. We all need a quiet time and what better than to have it in your craft room?

I coloured the image with my Promarkers and tore it out before using Distress Ink on the torn edges. The MDF plaque, which I bought from Joanna Sheen a few years ago, had already been painted with yellow emulsion paint before I added purple Cosmic Mist on top of it. The shimmer didn't show up very well but the colour works. The lilac lace with ribbon was from the local market and I lay that close to the bottom edge. I used a Spellbinders oval nestie and laid that at an angle to the left with a torn scrap of 'musical' paper, again edged with the Distress Ink. alongside it. I arranged the Floral image over the two. The sentiment is from Joanna Sheen. I was in a tearing frame of mind (lol) so I tore this out too and edged it with the Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, as before. I set this to the right and added three Mei Flower lilac pearls under the sentiment. I also added some of these to the oval nestie for added bling! To finish it off I added three Wild Orchid Craft flowers with some die cut swirls that a friend sent me, thanks Nataliya. Of course, it still needed a hanger so I used some of my new purple ribbon that I bought at Jo-Ann's when we were in Florida at Christmas. I fastened the ribbon on each side with a Dovecraft jewel brad.

I didn't expect to get this finished as my eyes have been really bad over the past few weeks. Roll on 18 March when I hope that an injection will sort them out for the next three or four months.

I'm entering this plaque into the following challenges:
City Crafter Challenge - You Matter
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Use some Flowers
Anything but a Card Challenge - Friendship
Catch the Bug Challenge - Anything Goes

Thank you all, once again, for visiting. I'm hoping that I can return the favour just as soon as my eye situation is resolved.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Hazel… this is SO beautiful… I love everything about it…the voilet inked edges… the music… the lace… the pretty pearl oval… the hanging ribbon… everything has come together perfectly on this creation… your friend will love this so much! :-))
    Roll on 18th March... I really hope the injection will bring you some relief hun... you have suffered long enough.
    Have a lovely Sunday evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little door hanger. Thanks for joining in with our Use some Flowers challenge at TTPH this time.
    hugs
    Dawn TTPH DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote on your door hanger. Your friend will be thrilled when she gets this. It;s gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty and so kind of you ... you friend will be thrilled I'm sure ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I bet your friend loves it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful!! Gorgeous door hanger!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift! I love the pretty, lacy ribbon, and the fun sentiment! I wish someone would put me in timeout!! Thanks so much for joining our Friendship challenge at Anything But a Card!
    PS-Hope your eyes are doing ok and that things are much better in March!

    ReplyDelete