Followers

Tuesday 18 October 2011

An Apple a Day

I've had a quiet day today so I decided to enter a challenge on a blog that was suggested to me. Here is my take on the apple theme on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog. I found the image of the apple in a child's colouring book and cut it out before colouring it with my Promarkers. I added some 3D clear gloss finish to patches of the apple to make it look shiney. I'm not sure that that worked! The large square card is from Craft UK. The red card is from Papermill and the backing paper is from Costco. I've had the big apple button for ages so decided to add it to the corner - I think I got it from Create and Craft. The red organza ribbon is from Joanna Sheen. I generated the sentiment on the computer using WordArt and printed it on green paper before cutting out in to a leaf shape.

5 comments:

  1. What a great card Hazel! I am so glad you decided to play along with our "Apple" challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card Hazel, the apple looks fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great hazel xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apple looks so yummy - I'd like to take a big bite of it. Super adorable card, Hazel. I'm LOVING it! Best of luck to you in this challenge, and thanks so much for joining us in our "Apple" challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
    Blessings,
    Karen - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel

    Great card, I love the glossy accents on it and that apple button is really cute.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Pennys this fortnight and good luck Julie DT

    ReplyDelete