Followers

Sunday 27 May 2012

#115 Red, white, blue

I loved making this card for the challenge over at One Stitch at a Time. I had to work with the digi papers of Oase and I chose this set from Stitchybear Digital Stamp Store. I chose the Poppy image by Stitchy to go with the papers. This image is a black silhouette and I thought it would be perfect to go with the red, white and blue papers of Oase.

The card blank is a large square from Craft UK. I cut the poppy image with a Spellbinders rectangle nestie and then matted it on to the scalloped nestie. I used Oase's blue paper to cut the scalloped nestie. The red, white and blue burst was matted on to the red paper from the same set. They're all beautiful papers. The only embellishments needed were three square red gems in top right and bottom left corners to complete this design. The gems were from my stash and I've had them forever!

Check the One Stitch at a Time challenge blog for the prize information.

We have son and DIL coming for BBQ so it'll be later today before I get the chance to link to the challenges or comment on DT cards. I hope the weather is good!

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Flourishes - Use a flower
Papertake Weekly - True Colours
Sweet Stampers - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
More than Favors - Memorial Day - UK 11 November with my poppies
Southern Girls Challenge - Use a diecut or punch
Willow Sketchie - Either a sketch or Red, White and Blue

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Hazel. I love the firework effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Hazel xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and wonderful papers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful card Hazel.
    Just like the weather today .. hope you have had a great bbq

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. thanks for joining us at SGC, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great hazel! A real splash of colour! What would we do without our stash! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a super card Hazel and a great dramatic effect with the background burst. Hope you had a good weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely Hazel, really different, and really nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Hazel. It looks like a firework shooting out of the card, wonderful! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic creation, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card, Love the firework, Thanks for playing on Papertake Weekly and Willow Sketchie this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really striking card, love the background paper used that fireworks is fabulous. Very pretty little flower and using those square gems was just the right touch.

    Thanks for joining us for our Diecuts challenge this fortnight.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So LOVELY. Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such an appropriate card for whilst I am watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics, love it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete