Followers

Thursday 10 October 2013

Halloween


Every year we have children knocking on the door at Halloween and every year I make up some sort of goody bags for them.








This year I'd been saving some Pringles tubs - after I'd finished the crisps! I knew they would come in handy for something so I collected about seventeen before I eventually decided that until I thought of what to do with them I shouldn't save any more. I started to think of Halloween and then thought 'oh, my Pringles tubs are going to come into play'. I had already cleaned the foil lined insides with wet wipes so I covered some of them with black leather look paper from Papermill. I used some Hobbycraft black borders to decorate the bottom edge on some of them. I ran out of the black paper before I'd covered all the tubs so decided to use something else and I found the Happy Halloween images on Dafont. I just randomly typed the letter and came up with different images so it worked well. I edged them with some black Promarker scribbles. I'd bought some witch charms last year from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and I tied one of these round each tub with some black and white baker's twine from Creative Expressions. I cut a Spellbinders scalloped circle in Papermill orange card and then stamped 'Happy Halloween' in the centre of each. The stamp was from Whiff of Joy. I stuck these on the see through lids so that the children can't see what's in the tubs until they get home.

I've made all seventeen and have loads of sweets and lollies left if any more visitors call. Last year I'd made thirty bags and only gave out about six so this year I've cut back on the work. When the tubs are empty they could 'possibly' be used as pencil holders. In reality they'll probably end up in the bin!

I'm entering my items in to the following challenges:

By Lori Designs Challenge - Black, orange and 1 other
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties Challenge - Halloween
The Paper Shelter Challenge - Charm Us
City Crafter Challenge - Trick or Treat
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel Blog - Fall and Halloween
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Craft my Life All Crafts - Anything but card
Crafty Boots Challenge - Sweet Treats

This has filled in quite a bit of time and I've enjoyed making them. I'm also making cards for two design teams so I'm managing to keep reasonably busy. Thank you all for visiting and leaving such lovely comments.

21 comments:

  1. These look great Hazel,but it is a shame to waste them, could you not give them to the local play group or school?
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea.. i love them
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think you'll be popular with the kids in your street, think they may be queuing round the block for these. What a great idea, but I dare you to fill one with yucky stuff as a trick! I'm so cruel, but my boys would have loved nonsense like that. So is two cats max? I have reached my limit then too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely lady you are! No wonder they call around - fabulous treat tubs! Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project Hazel, I'm sure the kids will love these!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea, I love how you have up-cycled these containers. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fabulous Hazel, your little charms are gorgeous. Need to find some time for some Halloween makes between all the wedding stationery. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely inspired idea Hazel - I'm sure Mr Pringles would be proud of you!! I'm sure the kids round your way will love them hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful - I will have to start eating Pringles! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes Challenge - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, How are you...fabulous altered creations...wonderful detail & designs... Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW What a great idea, I might have to start buying wee tubs of pringles now!!! Hee hee any excuse!! We dont tend to get anyone at our door. Sending Hugs Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous ... How sweet of you to do this ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea! Beautifully decorated and what a bumper stash of treats inside. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea and I am sure the kids will LOVE them for Halloween! Thank you so much for playing along this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your little jars! Wish I was in the halloween celebrations. They look smashing and will be so appreciated. Great work! Thanks for playing with us in our "Charming" challenge this week over at TPS.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, DT-leader TPS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a clever idea :) I would love to knock on your door :D Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge. Hugs, Merkkari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Halloween treat boxes.
    Thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, this is a fabulous idea!! I'll be saving mini pringles tubs from now on!! Thank you for joining in our "Charm Us" challenge at The Paper Shelter! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Project and colours and idea. Thank you for joining us at Craft my Life with our Anything but a card challenge, Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel, this is really cool idea. I love it. thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hazel this is gorgeous and a great upcycling project! Thank you so much for joining us at Craft My Life All Crafts Challenge, hope to see you enter again soon! Elaine-xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/all-crafts-challenge-octnov-midway.html

    ReplyDelete