Followers

Monday 27 October 2014

Fitztown - Distress



'Distress' is the theme over at the Fitztown Challenge Blog so please come along and join us. I used the image Wild 6 which you can buy here.

I coloured the image with my Promarkers and then tore the image out - you can't get more distressed than that, right? lol I then used Black Soot Distress Ink on the torn edges. The card blank is an 8x8 square by Joanna Sheen. My Crafter's Companion embossalicious folders came into play. I embossed a sheet of white paper, with a trellis type pattern, as the base of the mat and then used a sheet of Black Magic Core-dination card for the background to the wolf. I used the leaves embossing folder on this and rubbed the surface until the green showed through the black. I also tore round the sides making the green visible on the edges. When I matted it on to the embossed white I raised it on foam pads so that it stood out more. The wolf image was set against the background and then I generated the sentiment on the computer, tearing the edges and distressing as before.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Creative Moments Challenge - Anything Goes
DigiStamps4Joy - Animals
Artbymiran Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Treasured Times Rubberstamp Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for coming along, it's much appreciated. Hazel x



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous and wonderful card Hazel
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back with another DT hat on:
    This is a beautiful creation with great details. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 17th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow hazel,

    this card is great!!!

    gr. meggi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Hazel. Love that image and the distressed edges sure do make it pop. Love the pop of colour with the leaf; and of course your sentiment is just perfect. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is gorgeous Hazel… such a fab image and you've coloured it beautifully! I love the embossing on this card… you've created such wonderful textures! :-)
    Sending huge hugs!
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous distressing Hazel, love the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Hazel, love how you have mounted the image with the torn edges.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the superb image and your card is stunning Hazel! Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and hope to see you again soon. Have great moments.

    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. great men's card!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  10. woow this is stunning.. love the sanding background effect.. thank you for sharing it with us at Art by Mi Ran challenge #17... good luck ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Hazel for sharing your fabulous card with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
    Kind regards,
    Gloria
    DT member BSCB

    ReplyDelete