Followers

Thursday 29 October 2015

MAWTT Leaves or Trees



This week it was Sue's turn to choose the theme and she chose Leaves and/or Trees. Come along to Moving Along with the Times and join us.

My card blank is a large square by Joanna Sheen. I got my Brushos out again, as you can see. It's only the second time I've used them but I was quite happy with the outcome. The tree stamp is from Bee Crafty and I stamped it in Memento ink before cutting with a Spellbinders circle nestie and edging with Distress Ink. I used a Bee Crafty Inkable stencil of a large leaf and sprayed around the leaf image in Brushos greens and browns. I found the quote on the internet and after printing I edged that in Distress Ink and added a Recollections rhinestone to the corner. Job done!

My eyes are definitely better than they were but I still cannot cope with using the computer very long, watching television or reading. I suppose I'll have to get used to living with it. Thanks for calling by.

I'm going to attempt to link to some challenges so here goes:
Cuttlebug Mania: Trees
Shopping our Stash: Go Paperless
Through the Craft Room Door: - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Crafty Boots: Autumn and Halloween
Crafty Cardmakers: Autumn Colours
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Autumn

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, the background works so well with this tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is super, what a great card, Love the colours you have gone for. I do hope your eyes continue to improve, Thinking Of you, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm blown away by the beautiful cards for my leaves/trees challenge… this is SO pretty Hazel ! the background looks awesome and I love the tree and fab quote!
    I'm glad your eyes are a little better.... but really wish they'd improve even more for you... must be so frustrating not being able to do stuff for long.
    Thanks for embracing my leaves/tree theme so beautifully!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel,
    what a great card.
    The Brusho background is so wonderful and colourful.
    Super stamped tree too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The effect of those Brushos is fabulous. Great card, thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, what a brilliant card. Love the background effects. Janice DT
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Hazel, love the brusho background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card!
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
    Swissie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a grand job of it Hazel, it looks lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely Hazel. love your design, very effective.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, I love the pretty background. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel I love how you have designed this one, looks lovely. Glad you are abit better, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card ! Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & More

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of the color around the edges, I'm really impressed it's only your second time! Great tree image as well x Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so stunning! I love the techniques you used (especially the spraying) and how you incorporated so many gorgeous sprinkles of color. I think the background looks incredible and I like the idea of setting a tree out in a circular design to make it a focal point. This came together so well and I enjoyed seeing it so much. Thanks for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely Hazel, I love that tree!

    Hope you're well.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazel this is such a lovely card, the background looks gorgeous. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I am happy that your eye problem is slightly better, it must be very frustrating but hang in there. You obviously get enjoyment out of making your cards :)

    ReplyDelete